Last week, the students in COM 461: News Workshop, at Marist College, winnowed down their remaining projects from ten to five. The five semi-finalist projects, each with a team of three students, will now run for a few weeks, until they are cut down to the final three. Their sites were supposed to launch today. Here are the five, in alphabetical order. Read them, comment on them. Follow their social media accounts (running one is part of their assignment). There should be plenty to read in the next few days—the sites are supposed to be updating at least six days a week:
- The Crunch:Time (Ana Jean Healy, Jeff Matthews, Mike Scrudato) Twitter: @CrunchChronical
- Life on the Bright Side (Joe Calabrese, Deana Hasandjekaj, Marissa MacCormick) Twitter: @LifeBrightSide1
- Mind Gallery (Chris Reynolds, Tom Sacco, Albert Wright, Jr.) Twitter: @TheMind_Gallery
- Pizza Boxes and Politics (Tim Gilbert, Jeff Holmes, Garrin Marchetti) Twitter: @PB_Pizza14)
- The StyleLust (Cat Hynes, Danny Lane, Gabby Wood) Twitter: @The_StyleLust
Feedback is most certainly appreciated. Tell them (and me) what you think. The more you can help them, the better the projects will be in the final stage.